Friday, December 12, 2008

Design Firm Friday - 1 - B:løk

B:løk
The first firm I want to highlight, Blok, hails from Mexico and was founded in 1998 by Vanessa Eckstein. I am absolutely blown away every time I look at their portfolio and I felt like I should share. Some of my favorite work of their's is the identity systems, the use of colors, patterns and typography is stunning. With over 180 awards from such respected companies as Communication Arts, Applied Arts Magazine, ID Magazine, Graphis, Type Directors Club of New York, Print Magazine and many more, it's hard to not to jock. This firm is definitely bookmark worthy and good for continuous design inspiration. Enjoy...


































Communication Arts has an excelant article on Blok that is viable online at http://malaletra.com/blokarticle/u01t01.html
HOW Design has a short interview with Vanessa here.


No comments: